Welcome to our guide to Google Ads Image Extensions, where we’ll help you create compelling ad copy and eye-catching images that will supercharge your campaigns.
In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Image Extensions, from their benefits to their setup and optimization.
Whether you’re a seasoned digital marketer or just starting out, this guide will teach you how to use Image Extensions to boost your click-through rates and enhance your ad’s visibility.
We’ll explore the best practices, tips, and tricks for creating Image Extensions that will help you achieve your PPC goals.
So, what are you waiting for? Read carefully and learn how to use Image Extensions to take your Google Ads campaigns to the next level!
Table of Contents
What are Google Ads Image extensions?
Google Ads Image extensions are a type of ad extension that allows you to display high-quality images alongside your text ads. This can help to make your ads more visually appealing and increase their click-through rate (CTR).
When to use Image Extension in Google Ads?
Businesses should use Google Ads Image extensions whenever they want to visually showcase their products, services, or brand. Image extensions are particularly effective for businesses that sell products that are visually appealing, such as clothing, furniture, or food.
They can also be effective for businesses that provide services that are difficult to describe in text, such as home repair or landscaping.
Here are some specific examples of when you might want to use Image extensions:
1. If you have an e-commerce store, you can use Image extensions to show high-quality images of your products.
This can help potential customers to see your products in more detail and make a more informed decision about whether or not to buy them.
2. If you have a restaurant, you can use Image extensions to show mouthwatering images of your food.
This can help to entice potential customers to come and dine at your establishment.
3. If you are a hotel or travel agency, you can use Image extensions to show beautiful images of your destinations.
This can help to inspire potential customers to book their next vacation.
4. If you are a service-based business, you can use Image extensions to show images of your team members at work.
This can help to build trust and credibility with potential customers.
In addition to using Image extensions for general promotion, you can also use them to target specific campaigns. For example, if you are running a campaign for a new product launch, you can use Image extensions to show images of the new product. Or, if you are running a campaign for a specific location, you can use Image extensions to show images of that location.
Overall, Google Ads Image extensions are a valuable tool for businesses that want to visually showcase their products, services, or brand. By using Image extensions, you can make your ads more engaging and increase your click-through rate.
How do Google Ads Image extensions work?
When you create an Image extension, you will need to upload an image file that meets the following requirements:
- File format: JPEG, PNG, or GIF
- Image resolution: At least 300×300 pixels
- Aspect ratio: Between 1.91:1 and 4:5
- File size: No more than 5120 KB
- Image quality: High quality, with no blurry or pixelated areas
Once you have uploaded your image, you will need to add it to your ad group or campaign. You can do this by going to the “Ad extensions” tab and clicking on the “+ Extension” button. Then, select “Image” from the list of available extensions.
Benefits of using Google Ads Image extensions?
There are several benefits to using Google Ads Image extensions, including:
- Increased CTR: Image extensions can help to increase your CTR by making your ads more visually appealing. This is especially true for mobile search ads, where people are more likely to tap on an ad if it has an image.
- Improved brand awareness: Image extensions can help to improve your brand awareness by displaying your logo or product images alongside your text ads. This can help people to remember your brand and associate it with the products or services that you offer.
- Enhanced ad relevance: Image extensions can help to make your ads more relevant to the user’s search query by displaying images that are related to their search terms. This can help to improve your ad quality score and lower your CPCs.
How to create effective Google Ads Image extensions?
Here are some tips for creating effective Google Ads Image extensions:
- Use high-quality images that are clear and easy to see.
- Use images that are relevant to your ad text and the user’s search query.
- Use images that are eye-catching and engaging.
- Use a variety of images to keep your ads fresh and interesting.
- Use images that are consistent with your brand identity.
How to Add Image Extension in Google Ad?
To add an Image Extension in Google Ads, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Select the campaign or ad group that you want to add the Image Extension to.
- Click the Extensions tab.
- Click the + button and select Image.
- Select the image that you want to use. Make sure that the image is high-quality and relevant to your ad.
- Enter a Headline and Description for the Image Extension. The headline should be up to 30 characters long and the description should be up to 60 characters long.
- Click Save.
You can add up to 20 Image Extensions to a campaign or ad group.
How to use Google Ads Image extensions?
Here are a few examples of how you can use Google Ads Image extensions to promote your business:
- Retail: Use images of your products to showcase your inventory and make your ads more visually appealing.
- Restaurants: Use images of your food to tempt people to try your menu items.
- Travel: Use images of your destinations to inspire people to book their next vacation.
- Services: Use images of your team to build trust and credibility with potential customers.
Tips for optimizing your Google Ads Image extensions
Here are a few tips for optimizing your Google Ads Image extensions:
- Use different images for different ad groups and campaigns.
- Track the performance of your Image extensions and make adjustments as needed.
- Use A/B testing to test different images and see which ones perform the best.
Google Ads Image extensions are a powerful tool that can help you to improve your ad performance and achieve your marketing goals. By following the tips in this article, you can create effective Image extensions that will help you to get more clicks, conversions, and sales.
Vikas Disale is Digital Marketer and practicing SEO, Social Media, Paid Ads since 2011. Vikas like to share his knowledge via Podcast, YouTube videos.